NVMSA Code of Ethics
As members of the Nevada Moving and Storage Association, we make every effort to provide honest, effective, and quality services to the Nevada household goods moving customer.
To that end, we commit to the following NVMSA Code of Ethics to direct our organisation operations:
- To motivate and develop the highest levels of market service quality.
- To promote the lawful best interests of our market, association and craft.
- To observe all Nevada Department of Transportation rules and policies as they relate to our industry and operations.
- To observe all laws relating to operations and employee safety.
- To deal with our market coworkers, suppliers and trade associates, within and without our association, in the most respectable way and to motivate their adherence to this code of principles.
- To operate as responsible employers and to encourage our staff members to behave honorably and properly as they represent our market and our firms.
- To participate in marketing that only depicts our services in an honest and fair manner.
- To work together in the legal review of anybody in our industry alleged to be involved in inappropriate practices.
- To discuss carrier limits of liability with our customers.
- To promote and observe all subscription obligations consisting of timely payment of all charges for membership and other for services.
* NVMSA is a trade association, not a state company or other regulatory body; consequently, NVMSA has no investigative or enforcement authority. In addition, NVMSA, as a trade association, should be strictly mindful of federal and state anti-trust laws that strongly disfavor trade association termination of specific subscriptions except in extreme situations, and just after detailed due process proceedings. Rather, NVMSA routinely takes a proactive method to helping consumers fix disputes with member moving companies when they arise. NVMSA constantly fulfills its legal commitment to cooperate with any regulatory authority examining any claim of a mover member’s improper practice. NVMSA supplies its members the tools, education, support and network to enable its members to meet each NVMSA Code of Ethics requirement.